New Solutions, New Skills Mean More Support for Clients and Families
When faced with a dementia diagnosis, one of the first questions family members ask is whether it is possible to keep their loved one at home -- and for how long. Is it possible to provide a safe AND enriching environment to ensure a higher quality of life within the familiar surroundings of home? Who will provide the care, a family member or outside help?
HouseWorks recognizes that family caregivers often feel overwhelmed when caring for loved ones with Alzheimer's disease, Lewy Body dementia, Parkinson's Disease dementia or other types of memory loss. That is why we are laser-focused on finding new ways to support our clients and their families with in-home dementia care services.
100% of Case Managers are Certified Dementia Practitioners®
Nearly all HouseWorks Caregivers have some experience with dementia clients. HouseWorks has gone several steps further so that clients and our families receive a higher level of skilled, personalized solutions for true "memory care at home."
Every HouseWorks case manager is a Certified Dementia Practitioner® (CDP), qualified through a program provided by the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners. Certification ensures:
- Personalized care plans reflect shared goals for leaning into strengths and preserving independence
- Caregivers have been trained to build real relationships with clients with dementia
- We stay current with trends, medications and new developments pertaining to dementia
- The HouseWorks' team will help each client follow a structured routine filled with enriching activities
All of our compassionate Caregivers are supervised by a CDP. This means you can enjoy greater peace of mind and enjoy better days with your loved one.
Why Choose HouseWorks for Memory Care at Home?
The World Health Organization calls dementia a "public health priority." HouseWorks has made meeting the unique needs of families living with dementia a priority for every member of our in-home care team.
In addition to trained staff, our Alzheimer's home care services support clients and families with:
- RELATIONSHIPS. HouseWorks carefully matches clients with Caregivers who will connect best with the client and their family.
- RESOURCES. We have a Home Safety division that can install memory aids or safety mechanisms such as locks to create a dementia-friendly home.
- RELIABILITY. Count on one single point of contact, and trust in on-call support available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.